Friday, March 14, 2008

DATE NIGHT with hubby & Karen Johns







Had date night with my hubby. We went to the Flying Monkey (Huntsville's local art co-op) If you are from here and you haven't been yet....GO! I can't say enough about it. Anyway, we went to see Karen Johns. Greg turned me on to her. He found her music through CD Baby and burned me a CD. I have been painting to her stuff and LOVE HER! By the way, Carol, her music is what I listened to while painting your girl. So when he told me that she was coming to the Monkey....well....we HAD to go. She is a little lounge lizard, a little blues, a little jazz, and a little musical theatre. In other words.....she is blessed! And on top of it all, she is a NICE person. I like those kind the best :)


My sweet husband went over to her at the break and within a few minutes I heard my name being mentioned. So of course I had to be nosey. He was telling her about how I love to paint to her music! And all about the painting of the girl I did while listening to her song "Carry Me Away". So she said she wanted to see it and possibly buy it because of all he had told her. He's so sweet. So Carol....you better hang on to her. ;) I can't wait to get out to the studio tomorrow and start a new painting from the CD, "Lucky Day", we bought tonight.


Thanks Karen for making the music,that blares from my studio daily, come to life.



Enjoy the pictures and here is her web site if you are in the mood for a little lounge time:





5 comments:

Carol ReMarks said...

Um yeah, I've been trying to pay you for her silly! I'll just put it in the mail.

Carol ReMarks said...

OOOOOOOOOH I clicked on her link and just by the first few notes of her music I was hooked. I like her!!!!

Michele Lee said...

You don't have to put it in the mail silly....I am going to see you again and anyway. She has a not for sale sign on her :) I am glad you like Karen Johns. I should have called you.

Carol ReMarks said...

I've been wedding blogging. Heh.

Its Always Rainin In My Head... said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

What a great way to start a Spring Break :)