Sunday, June 17, 2012

Flora Bowley - Bloom True Course

Wow!  So it has been a long time again!  I keep so busy these days that I forget to update you all on the comings and goings.....Let's See....Where to begin?

Well, I completed the Flora Bowley Bloom True course and loved every single minute of it!  If you all haven't taken this course...it is a must!  She really helped me loosen up and pay attention to my inner artist's soul.  Here is one of the paintings called "Women of God"
I have no idea where these women came from...but one afternoon they showed up and I couldn't stop painting!  Here is a short blurb about this painting;
 It was such a spiritual experience and I found myself getting lost in the painting for days.  In the end, I had created something so unlike my other work that the beauty of  it brought tears to my eyes. 
My mother came to visit about a month later and as soon as she saw the painting, she was frozen.  It touched something in her that she could not explain. My mother has been through so much with me (to share would take up a whole page).  But let's just say that the past eight years have been a blessing for us both.  This painting now hangs in my mother and father's home.  She called the other day to tell me how beautiful it was and how she was blessed to have a daughter like me.  WOW! (tears again)  I can't believe that after so much that my mom is actually proud of me now.  She is such a beautiful woman....I hope one day I will become half of the woman that my mother is.

After painting the women, my heart was turned to my fantasy place to live.  As the music played in my studio, I began to get lost in the painting...and in Kauai.  I could see my little house by the stream and myself working in my little studio as the breeze blew.  My garden was filled with strange but colorful plants and flowers.  A piece overcame me and one again...I was lost.
Any of you who paint know what I mean when I say lost :)

Here is my Kauai, which is now in a new bank in town. The girl who came to pick it out, Beth, fell in love with the place too.  So each day as the tellers and staff take their break and rest in their beautiful lounge (looks like a hotel lounge! lol)  they will be whisked away to Kauai.  It was hard to let this one go.

So there you have it!  A little recap of the Flora Bowley, Bloom True experience
If you want to take one of her courses....go to:

Enjoy!
M




No comments: