Monday, July 19, 2010

Happy Anniversary


I had the privilege of creating a painting for a special woman. Her husband secretly sent me a picture of her Grandmother's house and asked if I could paint it for her anniversary present. And so it began. The secret painting time and communications (I love doing secret things like this) ended with a beautiful piece.
She was ever joyed when he presented it to her. And now it hangs proudly in its new home.

Happy Anniversary Kathleen and Mark!
I wish you many many more.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Looks great my friend, and matches the wood tones already in the room!
I think this one will be a cherished family heirloom, don't you? Must make you feel special to have been the one to do this for her and her family.

sheri said...

This was my grandmother's house while she was here on earth. She lived in Nashville, Tn. My 3 sisters and I spent many summers at her home while we were childern. We have so many wonderful memories. This painting brought tears to my eyes. My sister is very blessed to have such a thoughtful husband. I know she will treasure this painting for the rest of her life. What a wonderful anniversary present.

michelle said...

This was my grandmother's house too and looking at this beautiful painting brings back many happy memories. My grandmother would be so proud to see this. Even though this was a gift for Kathleen, I have to say thank you to Mark, because in this painting he gave all of us a priceless present.