Monday, November 15, 2010

Chinoiserie Painting Class Dec. 4 1-3pm

Saturday, Dec. 4th from 1-3pm, I will be teaching a "Chinoiserie" painting class at 16 Main Gallery in Historic Downtown Madison. Chinoiserie is a french term that refers to a "Chinese-esque" style that began in the 17th century. We will learn some basic acrylic painting, how to do shadowing and highlights along with an aged glazing technique. This will be a great class for beginners and intermediates.
I hope to see you all there!

Sold

"Chinoiserie"
Acrylic on Gallery wrapped Canvas

by Michele Lee

Copyright 2010

2 comments:

We're French said...

Hi Michelle, I hope that the class this Saturday will not be hampered by the fact that my wife and I bought the painting that is shown on the class announcement ... :). Hope you have another one to show your students as an example ...
We just had to have it, and it fits beautifully in our dining room.
Well, just wanted to let you know that it found a good home. :)

Axel

P.S.: You might remember me - I am the guy who did the photobook on Terry Hale and I think I made a rather silly picture of you, at one of my visits when 16 Main was still a big heap of chaos ... :)

Michele Lee said...

Yes Axel, I do remember you! I hope you are doing well :)
I am so glad that you found a piece of art that touched you and your wife. And I am glad that it has a wonderful new home.
Not to worry, the class today will be fine. I have a photo of it :)
Take care and visit again real soon.
Enjoy!
Michele