Sunday, December 5, 2010

Great Class!




I had a great group of women in the Chinoiserie class yesterday! It was a great small group. And these women rocked! They completed a 6 hour painting in 2 1/2!!!! Way to go ladies! Now, I did prime and crack the canvases before they got there. So that knocked off about 2 hours. But still!!! Wow!


I am always amazed at how artistic people really are if they just let go. I can't tell you how many times I have heard, "I can't even draw a stick figure". I really believe that there is an artful side to everyone that balances out their "thinking" side. When the left side of the brain is turned off, the art begins to emerge. These women were fearless. They sat down and let their right brains run with it. Not a word of complaint or criticism of themselves...they just painted. Before we knew it, the time had flown by! Hopefully they learned enough to try it again on their own.


One of these three women will be taking a 4 week acrylic painting course with me. Can you guess which one it is? I am so excited to share what I have learned with her. I will have to post her final painting when we are done.


Thanks ladies for the wonderful class yesterday. I hope you will enjoy your new paintings for many years to come!

No comments: