Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Commission


I was asked to do a commission for Christmas. She wanted a painting of her debonair husband sitting in his library reading his favorite book. The portrait also needed to have a painting of a bale of hay? hmmmm, I thought this was a strange request, but decided to go ahead and ask...."What is the bale of hay?". Apparently every time they drive past a bale he says in a "Joe Cool" kind of way...."heeeeeeeeey". LOL! I decided right then that this one, I HAD to do! Now mind you, we had 5 days til Christmas! Yikes! We hung up the phone and I went straight to painting...and painting.....and painting...and........DONE!
Here is the final painting with her husband striking a pose :)
I am so glad that I got to be part of this wonderful Christmas for them.
FUN is what painting is ALL about!
Enjoy,
M

No comments: