Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thank You To 2008!















The new year has started with a bang! When I started the "Year of Art" blog almost a year ago, I had no idea of where it would lead. I decided to take a year off from working and put my heart and soul into art. "Just for 12 months", I told myself. Well....it has almost been a year and so many new and interesting things have happened. I will probably forget someone during this recap. So let me just say thank you and give a big hug and kiss to all of you that have touched my path.

It all started with art classes and art shows. Then there were vacations, a new puppy and a new job. I learned a wonderful new trade that let me use my art. There have been paintings sold and commissions done. And the people who have touched me with such joy and such sorrow. I hope that I created something special enough to have touched you. I have seen my beautiful little babies grow another year older. It goes so fast at this age. They are becoming such beautiful young men and women. I've watched my husband take up the slack around the home, even though he has a full time career of his own, and not complain. I've been able to live with 4 other people who encourage and love me. Being able to see the art and beauty in each of them is sometimes overwhelming. Really enjoying my parents as an adult. And seeing just how open hearted they really are. They truly have beautiful souls. I have formed wonderfully close friendships built on trustand honesty and met some of the most interesting people. I have learned to ask for help and take it. I have learned that I cannot fix anyone and I don't really want to anymore. This journey has lead me to a brand new year. 2009 has already shown me new possibilities. I have started a new company with a great friend. I am sure it will be a wonderful adventure in its self. (i will post more about that later) But, let me assure you, there will be a lot of art in many forms coming!

So, thank you all so very much for being who you are so that I may learn and grow! And a big THANK YOU to my family for giving me the time and love to become me. There were so many years that were lost.......but there are so many more to come.

Thanks guys!

XXOO

M

3 comments:

Don said...

Congratulations on all you’ve accomplished and more success to you in 2009.

Jonas and I have a few things in common. We both have grey unruly hair and beards. We both wear glasses, dress very casually in t-shirts and denim shorts with suspenders. Where we differ is that I don’t also wear a belt, so I must be more of an optimist than Jonas is. :-)

ArtistUnplugged said...

Congrats on all the accomplishments in 2008 and abundant blessings in 2009! Look forward to hearing more about your new endeavors!

Carol ReMarks said...

WOW. Just WOW.

Well, OK, I just can't leave it with WOW.

Congratulations Shelly - you deserve all the happiness and blessings. I'm sure 2009 will bestow even more treasures upon you and your family.

It's amazing. You are brave enough, as well as privileged, to be able to go out there and face it and do your thing that you love the best, your passion, and make a living from doing so. How wonderful. And you have a family who believes in you and encourages you. You truly are blessed.

OK, back to, "WOW, just WOW"

Love ya