Saturday, July 25, 2009

Flock of Seagulls


Flock of Seagulls
10" x 10" mixed media on wood box frame
by Michele Lee
copyright 2009

So I am going to say a little something right now that definitely dates me!

In the 80's there was a band called Flock of Seagulls. Some of you may not remember them....but some might. They had a great song...I don't know if this is the correct name..."I Ran so far Away".

Went a little something like this..."And I ran, I ran so far away. I just ran, I ran so far away.....I couldn't get away". Makes me think. I can run from a lot of things. But there is one that I can never run from.....God. Seems that everywhere I go....there he is. Good times and bad. He feels is like a flock of seagulls washing over me. Soft and quiet. With the smallest amount of flutter whispering in the clean fresh air above.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Angela said...

It turned out just beautifully Michele. I had a great time and hope you did as well. Some really great paintings always come out of our painting parties.