Saturday, July 18, 2009

My baby boy is a teen! Happy Birthday Michael














































July 17th was my youngest son's birthday. And the funny thing is that I completely forgot to blog about it!!!! Bad Mom! Anyway...here ya go.
A long time ago I had wanted to have a baby. But never could get pregnant. I remember being very down about the whole baby thing one day while visiting my parents. All of the sudden I heard a voice in my soul telling me to go and read Samuel 1 in the bible. Now, those who know me, know that I am NOT an avid bible reader. As a matter of fact at the time I had NEVER read any of it. So this voice telling me to go read Samuel 1 was a little bit on the weird side to say the least. But I did. An in there was the story of Hannah, who could not conceive. WOW! how weird is that? It went on to tell the story of her not conceiving for many years and then all the sudden one day she was pregnant and gave birth to a son. (please don't quote me on this. I don't remember the whole thing word for word) That day I KNEW in my soul that I would have a son, what he would look like and that his name would be Michael. (My favorite angel and my brother)

Sooo, after many years and many infertility treatments, we decided to adopt. Our daughter Julie came to us when she was only 5 months old. So needless to say I had given up the aching urge to conceive a child. One winter when she was 2yrs old...I found out that I was pregnant! I couldn't believe it. I took about 5 home pregnancy tests, had a blood test and an ultrasound and then was convinced it was true. Michael was born on July 17 at about 7am 1996. He was almost 12 weeks early. We had many many months of intensive care, breathing treatments and near death experiences before he was a healthy little boy. But boy did his spirit shine. And still does today.

Michael carries with him a sweet, gentle soul. A tender heart that is full of love for his family and for animals. He is the one who attracts all the animals in the house. We often call him the "Animal Whisperer" because he understands them and them..him. He is the sort of child that you can always count on to be there for you.. He does for others without a moments thought of himself. He is growing into a charming young man. He loves to cook and often does..although he doesn't want to admit it...he has a gift with food. With the bluest of eyes he can charm the socks right off of you...I mean how can you resist that face. He is what we call our "clear child" If asked what he wants..he says "I don't care", what is his favorite thing, he says, "I don't know", what does he want to do, he says, "whatever". Content is an understatement when describing Michael. He is genuinely a happy, peaceful intelligent boy.

I am blessed every day to be given this boy...this soul to be part of my world. He brings a peace to our lives every day. I guess God really knew what he was doing, huh?

Happy birthday my Michael. You are a teenager now and I can't wait to see how you blossom.
I love you,
Mom

2 comments:

Angela said...

What a lovely mothers story of the love for her child. He does have the face of an angel, but then , he resembles his mom.

ArtistUnplugged said...

What a sweet, sweet story! Happy belated birthday to your new teenager! You all have a wonderful vacation!