Saturday, September 26, 2009

Currently on the easle

Currently on the easel is this painting of "The Gift". My husband went out of town on business last week to Albuquerque, New Mexico. Sometimes when he is gone he likes to shop at this huge store full of Mexican art and clothing. This time he brought me back a beautiful ring. It is a big chunky silver ring. The best part about it is that it reminds me of the saying, "you can't fit a square peg in a round hole" It is square on the outside with a circle cut into the middle. Every time I look down at my hand it makes me think that I "fit" now. I fit into this life and this world. I now know where I must be and what I must do. It is simple really, I am just to do the next thing that is put in my path. And do it to my best ability. That's it. Nothing more....nothing less. Having just celebrated my 6th year of sobriety, it was a real treat to get this ring:)
So....I decided to paint it for fun and share my thoughts with you. I will post the final piece when it is done. But for now......
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet man, SWEET ring!! I love the analogy too :)