Sunday, September 20, 2009

Plein Air Day





























Had a great time today despite the weather. It was nice to be able to paint outdoors with a wonderful friend of mine Angie, of Pick My Brains Art http://pickmybrainsart.blogspot.com/








We went out to my father in laws (aka Fasha) house in the woods :) All I can say is YUM!! The rain let up for a bit and we were able to find a nice spot full of flowers. So we got in the red dune buggie and Fasha followed us in the tractor. He carried all of our art supplies in the tractor's bucket/scoop that he covered with a large torn box. (wasn't that sweet, he didn't want to get our stuff dirty) What a sight. He's great! I bet they DON'T do plein air like that in Tuscany. LOL Angie had made the best scones for the day. So we ate and painted until we just couldn't anymore. At one point a large praying mantis crawled up on Angie's chair....he didn't seem to like me too well and tried to attack! By the end of the day we were both tired. But not to tired to take the dune buggie for a spin. We felt like little kids again. Isn't that how life should be? I think I will answer YES!

Here are a few pictures from the day. I don't know what to name the painting. Any suggestions?

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Angela said...

What fun we had! The dune buggy wide open across the fields, the praying Mantis chasing you, and great company. You have a wonderful father in law! What hospitality. Can't wait for a return trip.