Monday, February 15, 2010

Another Whimsical Cherry


I was asked by a friend to paint her a "Whimsical Cherry" like the one that sold last season at the Madison Street Festival. Of course I said yes....and have had a wonderful time painting it. I have found that getting lost in the curl of the branches and the rhythm of this piece has given me some much needed meditation and reflection time. I have learned that life can get all twisted and tangled sometimes. But at the end of every branch or adventure, if I keep doing the next right thing, there is a beautiful red cherry. That cherry is my faith in God and myself....that I can do it again another day.
I know...a little deep for such a crazy painting huh? LOL
Thank you Jo for letting me get lost in the cherry one more time! Now you will have to write a poem for this one ;)
Enjoy!

No comments: