Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Her Legacy"


Today I had the pleasure of finally delivering "Her Legacy"! This painting has meant so much to me. I have set with God through every brush stroke, listening carefully to the next right move. Some days were hard and some flowed so quickly that I couldn't believe they were over. The moment I hung this painting, I knew that it was all worth it. She now hangs in the home of a beautifully spirited woman. She hangs at the top of the stairs as you enter this home. For those who enter to be given a welcome and those who depart to be given direction. She will be a constant reminder that this life is not about the material needs, but the evolving and growing of one's soul and faith. As I stood there today to take a picture of Daphne and her Legacy, I felt this warmth. I have painted only 2 paintings in the past 5 years that have touched me so deeply...and this is one of them. I heard that small voice all through the painting process and again today. He continues to say, "BE love". There is a comfort in knowing that God knows exactly what he is doing. He knows exactly where we are going and what people will cross our path. I am blessed to have this beautiful woman to have crossed mine. I have learned so much. As I drove away today, all I could do was cry. Thank you God for continually blessing me. Thank you for filling my heart with so much joy that I feel I am going to bust. Thank you for waking me up from that long dark journey.

Daphne, Thank you for giving me the chance to paint this for you. Thank you for your patience during the process and your joy at the delivery. God is so very very proud of you. I hope that "YOUR" Legacy will be as full of joy as your painting shows.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I don't know what to say, it's an absolutely beautiful thing to create for someone else with God moving through you.To be an instrument for God's will is wonderful. Once you learn to listen and then hear Him it gets easier to hear him again. I am just sure this is only the beginning of Higher Powered creations for you.

ArtistUnplugged said...

How touching and wonderful Michele! The painting turned out marvelous. I also love the "Drifts"....beautiful!