Friday, February 19, 2010

Playing the Part

















Saturday night I, along with 3 other artists, will be..."Playing the Part". I will be a french painter on the streets of Paris at the 2010 Gala for the Greater Huntsville Rotary Club. Each year the Gala has a different theme and charity. This year the inspiration was taken from the 1951 movie, An American in Paris, starring Gene Kelly and Leslie Caron.
This should be lots of fun. I have my little french beret ready to go. I will take pictures and keep you posted on "Madam Magnifique's" adventures........stay tuned :)
Thank you to my friend Arnd in Switzerland, for the name. I will wear it proudly :)
Update- Well the evening was a complete blast! The chorus, dancers, jugglers and staff were all amazing. There were 450 attendees all dressed in their beautiful gowns and black ties. Now, painting in the dark was a little bit of a challenge...but well worth it. My spot on the streets of Paris was right next to the photographer, Johnny Miller. He was very interesting and travels all over the world with his camera. Sounded like a lot of fun! My friend Leigh would have loved him. Thank you to George for letting me be a part of the evening. Thanks to my sweet husband for taking care of all the teenagers and their activities at home so I could go. It was nice participating with 3 very talented artists, Julie Ellsworth,Janice Lowther & Rob Wheeler. They looked GREAT!
So there you have it....a beautiful french evening in Paris....makes me want to get on a plane and go back!
Enjoy!
M

1 comment:

ArtistUnplugged said...

Have fun Michele! Loved he whimsical cherry tree, so full of energy!