Tuesday, May 18, 2010

First Painting in the new space!


The Marriage
By Michele Lee
30"x40" acrylic on gallery wrap canvas
Copyright 2010

Well, I completed my first painting in the new space today! It feels so good to be painting again. And I am in love with the new studio. It is nice to be around such creative people. There is still a lot to do for the grand opening is on June 4th. I am sure once we get the gallery and shop done, there will be even more time to create. But for now I have to take it when I can get it.
The Marriage
He comes to her bearing a gift of eternal love
A golden band that will bind them together
until death do they part
before God and their family and friends
they commit to one another
to love
to honor
to respect
to cherish
A promise to always lift the other up.
This is not a contract of love but a covenant to one another and to God
He slips the ring on her finger and they kiss
knowing that from this day forward they are one
they are a team in this journey of life.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Beautiful as always!

ArtistUnplugged said...

Very beautiful! So awesome that you moved on Main. I checked into it but at this stage, I don't think I can cover my rent yet :(. I think it is awesome!