Thursday, September 4, 2008

MY BIRTHDAY 5 whole yrs!!!

Yesterday was my 5th year sober!!!!! YEAH! This birthday means so much more to me than my real birthday. I looked back on my life yesterday and here is what I have found....just some of the reasons God has kept me sober.

10. didn't DRINK
9. went to a meeting every day..or at least tried (didn't drink)
8. Got a sponsor (didn't drink)
7. read the big book (didn't drink)
6. listened to other people who REALLY wanted to stay sober (didn't drink)
5. do the step work constantly (didn't drink)
4. shared my experience strength and hope (didn't drink)
3. prayed and meditated as often as I could for God's will for me (didn't drink)
2. walked through fears (didn't drink)
and the number 1.......
Stayed close to my dad..God... one day at a time. Oh yea, I almost forgot...I didn't drink

This has been an amazing 5 years....I hope and pray for many many more.

No comments: