Monday, February 2, 2009

Art of a different kind
















Well as most of you know, art on canvas is not all that I do. Recently I got the opportunity, with my business partner Ricky Sauls, to paint a beautiful dome. It is about 26' in diameter and about 2 stories high. My kids joke with me all the time. They constantly tease me about my fear of heights. So I made sure to take a shot for them that they would get a kick out of(my feet dangling off the edge of the scaffold)


The project was a huge success! The client loved it....and so did we.


Yes... I DID say "business" partner. Ricky and I have started a new company called Artistic Finishes. We do faux and decorative finishes on cabinets and walls. We also do murals and custom art. Ricky is a very talented artist himself as well as his better half, Noelle. I am blessed to have found such a good partner and to be able to do what I love for a living. What I didn't expect was for it to take off so fast! We have been blessed to have some great clients. It has taken time away from the family (one think that I was hoping NEVER to do) But my husband has been wonderful through the wild beginning and taken up the slack. It is nice to have a man who can be a Mr. Mom. So far there are four of us working and one more talented artist about to come on board. I will let you all know when the website comes up. That way you will be able to see lots of different art.


Enjoy!

6 comments:

Don said...

Go, girl!

Now you’re doing what my older daughter Terry does. Before 9/11 she had a great job making tons of money with Discover Card but it required her to travel all across the country frequently rather than being at home just north of Atlanta with her husband and two sons. She was in Chicago for a meeting on 9/11 and I feared that where she was might be on the terrorists’ hit list. That day she decided to resign her position because being alive and being with her family were more important than money. She then started her own business using her artistic talent. Readers of this blog, especially those in the Atlanta area, may be interested in visiting her business website @ http://www.extremecabinetmakeover.com/.

Michelle, my check ISN’T in the mail for this commercial for Terry. :-)

ArtistUnplugged said...

Congrats Michelle!

Michele Lee said...

Thanks Don. I went to your daughter's site. She has done some beautiful work! That is exactly what we do. I will have to cantact her. She would be a nice connection to have in Atlanta:)
Thanks again,
M

Don said...

Thank you, Michelle. You and your business partner also do beautiful work in this new, to you, medium. Terry would welcome hearing from you and exchanging ideas, I feel sure.

Michele Lee said...

No it's not a new medium Don, I have been doing it a while. But I decided to take the big leap and open a company of my own instead of working under someone. Scary but VERY fulfulling!

Michele Lee said...

Just sent ATerry an e-mail Don :)