Monday, March 30, 2009

What I have learned in the past few days....





(Above: Sample from class, painting that was donated to auction today, and a picture of my messy school table)

This Year of Art is now turning into 2. So do I rename the blog or keep it the same? Hmmm... Think I will keep it for now:)


I had the time last week to do some reflecting. I got the opportunity to travel alone to a workshop (for work) in Kentucky. The drive was a work of art in itself. A friend of mine loaned me the book The Shack on cd. So I put it in and began the drive, not knowing what exactly was in store for me. Scared and a little uneasy about going this alone, I drove on. (side note: if you have the chance to read or listen to The Shack...DO IT! http://theshackbook.com/index.html This book blew my mind and filled my heart to limits I could not imagine)


Anyway, after getting to the hotel and then to the class, I realized immediately that I was in the right place at the right time. I met the most amazing women (and men). They welcomed me in and took me under their wing with smiles and grace...and a LOT of laughter.


When the class ended I really didn't want to leave. I was going to miss the designated driving position that I took on, the deep talks with my table mate about God, the impromptu songs that we all burst into for no apparent reason, the dancing, the learning, the laughter and the joy that I found in learning about these women.


I had to leave so I packed my car and put in my cd/book and hit the road with a smile on my face. (decided to stop by and see my parents..Love them to death!) By the time I reached Huntsville I had tears streaming down my face and was so swept up in my book that I missed the turn to my house. YIKES!


I made it home to a family that looked a little different to me. They were all happy and smiling. (Dad had done a GREAT job as usual) Thanks babe. I gave them all a hug and told them each one by one how much I truly loved them. Boy am I glad to be home:)


Biggest lesson learned this week....Life is about enjoying each and every single moment..not in the partying up kind of way...but in the taking it all in kind of way.


See it ...smell it..feel it...taste it...and then past it on...

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Don said...

Michelle, your post indicates that you have lived, learned, and enjoyed your trip. “Goodie goodie” for you. What else is there in our lives other than that? Doubtless you will have other opportunities to do again from time to time…or at least I hope so. :-)

Carol ReMarks said...

A great big ((((CYBER HUG))))) from yours truly. You go girl.

Michele Lee said...

You guys ROCK! thank you :)
M

Don said...

LOL, Michelle, the last time I rocked was on my Mom’s knee nearly 76 years ago. Now, you and c.a.marks still rock because you’re just “spring chickens”.

Carol ReMarks said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY lady.

ArtistUnplugged said...

What an awesome trip!!! Thanks for sharing. Keep the title...every year is a 'Year Of Art'!