Saturday, May 30, 2009

Beautiful Day











I'm Back. .




I attended a plein air workshop today. It was given by Mellissa Meeks and was held at a beautiful farm in Taft, Tn. The drive to the event was beyond words. As my sweet little GPS guided me through the rolling hills and breathtaking country side, I could feel my excitement building. So I did the first thing that came to mind....I called my hubby. I told him that he had to drop what he was doing and come join in on the fun. Next thing I knew his car was pulling into the drive. The property belongs to some friends of Mellissa, Tom and Ben.(thank guys for sharing your slice of heaven) Let me just make one thing perfectly clear....they have TALENT!!!! The grounds were groomed yet wild. The air was sweet and warm with a hint of hay mixed with honeysuckle. After getting out of my car and seeing all the others gathered around shooting pictures as fast as there little shutters could fly, I grabbed mine and took off. Down a hill and through a steep narrow path I found it! A spot that can only be described as an actual room made of land. The trees were dense, the light was low and the sound of water was faint. There was a small spring squeezing from the earth and a swing hung from a large tree. There was a raised koi pond in the center filled with activity. The best part was that there was very little sunlight. The leaves fluttered with a soft breeze to let the sparkle of the sun just kiss you every once in a while. The air was so cool that I believe I could have stayed there all day. But there was painting to be had.

So I trekked back up the hill and joined the group. We ate and talked and painted and talked and ate and talked and painted and painted.... Everyone was perched in their own special nook and silence.....we were gone...lost in our canvases. YUM! The day closed with a slice of Coca-cola cake. THAT my friends was literally the icing on the cake! I drove back home in complete silence dreaming of the day. Remembering the spots, the painting, the chickens, the sight of my husband letting go and the smile on his face, the food, the laughter, the wonderful smells and my God. I am so grateful to be able to see and feel all of this day. Just to live this day and to have these memories to keep...Thanks G

3 comments:

Angela said...

Michele, I was going to go to this session and completely forgot about it. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. You are so descriptive in your blogging that I felt as if I was there. Are you going to post your painting?

Don said...

The God-given beauty of the location shines through in your descriptive,,,yes, poetic, writing about your day there. I’m pleased that you were able to enjoy it.

Michele Lee said...

Thanks guys. You are too kind.