Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!





Today is a special day..it is my sweet daddy's birthday. So I thought I would give him a little shout out.
These are a few of the pictures and thoughts that remind me of all that he has taught me over the years. (Background plays our song, "Bye Bye Ms American Pie")
Growing up I was pretty lucky. Lucky to have a father who loved me soooo much. That every time I hear his voice or see his face...I know that I am loved. He is the kind of Dad who would rub my feet for hours, just because I didn't feel good. (still does that to this day) He is stern and gruff but has the heart of an angel. He took care of his mom and sister when he was younger. He was raised by his mother and I guess that is where he got his sense of caring and compassion, because she was sooo loving. He is always there to care for and love me and everyone around him. He doesn't leave our side when any of us hurt (unless he gets queasy or needs to go on a food run) He has shown me what a real husband and father should be. He gave me such a good example that it took me two tries to find one like him :) Generosity is a trait that I do believe he was born with. Not many people do for others the way my Dad does. He gives every bit, until I know it must hurt, and then expects nothing in return. He has helped others start their new businesses, families get through hard times and has lent friends and complete strangers a gentle hand up. He has worked so very hard over the years to give all of us every opportunity in this big world, until he can do nothing but fall asleep in his chair at the end of the day. Yes he snores when he sleeps. And he has to wear a breathing thing that sounds somewhat like Darth Vador. He sometimes shouts out orders like a commander in chief, such as.. "LIZ where's that remote" "HEY we need some water over here" "YOU don't want to do that" But he has always been my biggest fan...always been my strongest sidekick...and has shown me what it is to be a giver. I will never ever be able to repay him for all he has done for me. And there are not enough words to describe how much I love him.....but I hope he knows how much he is cherished.
Happy Happy Birthday Dad.
I love you so so much
XXOO,
M

1 comment:

Don said...

Michelle, both you and your dear Daddy should count your blessings for having each other in your lives, and I feel sure that both of you do. What you wrote about him sounds so much like what my children might (hopefully) write about me some day.

Give him my best wishes for a wonderful birthday and many more to come.