Monday, June 29, 2009

Hot Pink Lady


Hot Pink Lady
By Michele Lee
10x24 acrylic on wrapped canvas
Copyright 2009

Woke up this morning wanting to paint.
When we checked in to our beach house the other day we were greeted by a 3 foot tall pink flamingo. Statue...not real. LOL For some reason I am always attracted to flamingos. You know the kind you see in souvenir shops with the colorful glasses on or the wobbly heads. There is something about the whimsical nature of them. I guess they are so out of the ordinary and REALLY not the norm. Maybe that is the attraction. Or maybe it is my ego that says, "look at me ...I am different". Who knows. I do know that I am always and forever a sucker for pink. Like the color of my skin right now. (note to self: on first day at beach...put on some sunscreen) I have officially gotten my first sunburn of the season. OUCH! That may be the inspiration for painting the "Hot Pink Lady". LOL

I have also started a painting of oysters, yum, I will post that later.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Gotta love the attitude, and that color! I love it or should I say Her? and is that the oysters peeking out from behind?