Saturday, October 10, 2009

Artist of a different kind


It's a gloomy overcast day. But the bright light this morning is coming from within. I get on my comfy dress,throw on a fluffy sweater, slip my feet into a worn pair of flip flops and head out to the car. I have found a wonderfully gifted massage therapist recently and visit her every other Saturday morning. As I pull into the parking lot I can feel myself start to relax. By now I know what is coming and I just can't wait. I walk in through the front door and Sherrie greets me with her bright soft smile. I slip onto the warmed table as the soft sounds of meditation come from the speakers in the room. Sherrie enters with a quiet walk and begins this morning's hot stone massage. As my body starts to relax even more, my thoughts turn to pictures in my head. Drifting in and out of scenes I begin to doze. Not a deep sleep but a gentle meditational sleep. The feel of the hot stones and the scent of flavored oils is always enough for me to loose the world. At this moment there are no worries or cares....no aches or pains....just a rhythmic rest. I am always anticipating the end of the massage. That is the time that she holds my head gently in her hands and the glows of different colors wash through my mind. Soft pink...a hint of chartreuse...and a glow of purple this morning. Ahhhhhh another massage comes to an end and I think to myself.....God must love me so much....he has brought me to a place where my mind body and soul can heal. A place where there are no cares for one hour. A place to be gently cared for, so that I can go on ......

Thank you Sherrie for being a part of my healing. And thank you for jumping into this line of work so passionately....You are definitely in the right place.

Life is not about the money and the race, the doctors and the fears.....it's about another kind of connection that heals all.
What is your connection?
Where do you find that Mind ,Body and Soul healing?
Here is a picture of a little table in Sherrie's room. I gave her a painting a while back and she has kept it in there....I think it suits her well. It's called "The Path"

If you want to visit, you can go to
(ask for Sherrie Breckon)
She is an "Artist of a Different Kind"

2 comments:

Angela said...

Michele, you have such a way with words. You take me on the journey with you and I feel all relaxed too.
I only wish I had that massage too.

Michele Lee said...

Remember Ang...you have a $10 off gift card I gave you ;) (when we were at Lynn's painting)
Why don't you treat yourself? You will love here...she is a really good soul.