Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Lake again?


What is this obsession with the lake I am having? I had a solid black textured canvas in the studio. I decided to pull a painting out of the darkness....and guess what came out? Yep, you got it....The Lake! Again? I guess I must need to get this out for some reason. So, I will paint them (the lakes) while they are here ;) This one was done with metallics too. It makes for a great feel ...but is very hard to photograph because of the reflectivity.

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Angela said...

this one is rapidly becoming my fav!

Don said...

Michelle, your obsession with lake scenes I think isn't uncommon. I lived on Lake Jordan for several years and I think just looking at lake water has a calming effect on me and probably many others. The same might be said about sitting in front of a fireplace and watching the flickering of the flames as they consume the logs.

What I've said reminds me of what one of my favorite poets, Robert Frost, wrote in his poem "Fire and Ice":
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

I know, water isn't the same as ice, but if you combine fire with ice what do you get other than water?

Do these thoughts of mine make me seem crazy, or am I some sort of a down-home philosopher? :-)

Michele Lee said...

VERY cool Don!

Lindy Gaskill said...

The lake image reminds me of the saying about finding one's way "back to the well"....the lake being the well...the well being creativity and one's center. I just love symbolism!

Michele Lee said...

Lindy, I like that one. I think I have been on a journey to my well for a while now...I guess I am starting to see it clearly now :)

Angela said...

Are you still gonna put in the floating lights? I thought that was a very cool idea.