Sunday, October 4, 2009

What a day it was!




















Yesterday was the Madison Street Festival. It was an absolutely perfect day! Sunshine, not too hot, and lots of art sold. I had an easel set up with a canvas for kids to add to as they went by. This is always fun because they get a mini art lesson and the parents can actually stop and enjoy without little feet running around them:) My friend Angie was right next to me. We had lots of our friends stop by throughout the day and really enjoyed ourselves. I forgot to take pictures of everyone who bought a painting but I did get one. This couple was so sweet. You know when you see someone get a painting and they just look like it was meant to be? That is what happened her. When they held the painting up to take the picture...my heart just knew they were going to have perfect home for it. Sometimes I get attached to my art. But I try to put on that brave face at shows and know that I am doing this for others and not to keep :) This painting was done at my good friend Ann's house. A while ago I went with Angie for a week long retreat. This painting I started on the first day of painting. The studio looked out over the mountains and had large tree branches hanging in front of the windows. It felt so right to paint....and now I know why. It was meant to go home with this great couple.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by yesterday. I enjoyed sharing with you what has been so freely given to me. I hope you all enjoy!
Hey kids, I will post the completed painting you all did in the next post:)
Here are some pictures from the day.

No comments: