Sunday, October 4, 2009

Together we came up with a beautiful piece


There are many shows that I do and I always try to get the kids involved. There is nothing better than actually getting yours hands on a canvas and some paint, when you are young. Some of the kids come by and they just want to put a simple stroke and they're done. There are those who like to see how much they can cover with a glob of paint. There are the ones who are just not interested and the ones who dream of one day being an artist. You never know when that little taste of art could really inspire someone. So I throw it out there, not knowing where it will land.

This year, at the Madison Street Festival, there were many children grabbing the brush and taking part in "our" painting. There were swirls, flowers, ladders, hearts, mario m's, blobs and more. By the end of the day a basic shape had taken form and the painting started to emerge. I think I will call it...."Light".

Thanks to all of you who participated today. I hope you had fun!

I know I did :-)

Here is the final result

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Carol ReMarks said...

Oooh I see a fairy land castle. Don't you? It is plain as day.

ArtistUnplugged said...

Wow, Michelle, this turned out really beautiful!!! I have read back on your recent posts. Looks like the street festival went well and that you sold some art. We wee in Mobile at a volleyball tournament last weekend.
I read about the art on the cover of Go magazine, very touching. I also liked the Artisan Cove paintings and photo.....lovely, sweet gift from your hubby. :) See, I did catch up!!!

Michele Lee said...

Yea CA, I do. Maybe it will inspire a story for you ;)

AU..wow..yew..I think you are caught up:) Vollygirl keeps you quite busy huh?