Saturday, June 19, 2010

3


I have gotten started on a new Koi painting. All of these paintings were sketched out about a year ago. It is nice to finally get to do each one of them. I can't remember right now how many there will be in all. But I like the fact that along with the sketches I had some sort of thought or poem. This one will be called "3". As soon as it is done I will post the blurb that goes with it. :)
I have been so busy lately with the new studio space at 16 Main. I am LOVING having a spot where I can just go to paint and then come home. But I must say, I do sort of miss my dining room too. The transition from home to another building is good though. Just today, I got to sit with one of the other artists and hash out creative thoughts. I learned so much that I could never have learned at home. So this year will be a little different. I have a feeling that this is an adventure that is going to change my art for the better!
Classes are starting up in the studio and I can feel the creative juice starting to flow. I can't wait to start my classes. Working with others and sharing with them what I have learned is such a TREAT! If you want to check out what is coming up...go to
ok, back to the Koi. sorry for the sidetrack, but I had to share. It has been a while:)
I hope you enjoy the pictures and the progress of this next one.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Angela said...

I really like seeing them emerge. Thank you so much for sharing the process. I also can't wait to collaborate too on classes. I know we'll knock their socks off! I sure hope "my" space is available when I am.

Michele Lee said...

MEEE TOOOO! I have a feeling that it will be ;)