Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Exploring new waters


Having now officially moved into the new studio space, I am finding myself exploring new waters. There is something magical to me about my new Koi series. I have found that I love the whole process of these paintings. But most of all I love how they become what they want to become on their own. After the pouring stage, I start to see the fish appear. I really don't know what is driving me to create these fish...but I am creating and that is the beauty of it. I started on a few small ones the other day and these beautiful little goldfish came out. I guess they will either be the next series...or just another exploration of a new water :)

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! How great is it that your space is ready and you are producing works of art like this! I love it!

come visit sometime!

ciao bella
creative carmelina

Huntsville Art Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Huntsville Art Blog said...

Your art is SO amazing! Your year of art is more like your life of art and it is beautiful to watch. Congrats on living your dreams!
-Alissa

Angela said...

Now THIS one is truly magnificent my friend! Love the colors.

Michele Lee said...

Thank you girls. You all are too much!