Sunday, April 6, 2008

New Puppy!...."The Todd"


I am sure that my parents are going to flip when they see this post. They didn't see this one coming and Mom says that she gets to see what I am up to through this blog.....so here it goes:) Remember Mom and Dad...I'm your angel! (she says as she places the halo on her head)


So, my father in law, Abner aka Fasha, has a black lab and german shepard mix dog. His name is Andy. He is the most gentle and well mannered dog I have ever seen. For a while now, we have been watching Andy when ever he goes out of town. The children just love him. Especially the boys. So the other day, out of the blue, my husband says,"You know...the kids are going to be gone before we know it. I think we should get them the big dog." Of course, I ,being the good spouse and mother that I am , went out IMMEDIATELY and found the PERFECT puppy. Well, that and the kids and I have just been waiting patiently for the "GO" from dad ;) So we found a black lab and golden retriever mix. He is about 5 lbs and 6 weeks old. And boy 'O boy is he precious. The kids are ecstatic! Our youngest son, Michael, who is our animal child is not home yet. He will be back today and be completely surprised! And I am quite sure he is going to cry his precious big blue eyes out. You know ....it's nice to be able to give your family such joy. I can see the pride in my husbands face and it warms my heart:)


Only one problem...we don't have a name for him.
Nevermind...the boys have agreed on a name....."The Todd" aka Todd
Hey...it's their dog..they get to choose the name...I am just here to feed and care for the thing:) LOL

5 comments:

Carol ReMarks said...

How about Duke? Or Jet? Or Ebby (short for Ebony)? Or Big Dog? Or Cane (Italian for dog)? OK, I'm done. Congrats on the new puppy. Hope Nicki gets along with him. If not, we'll gladly take Nicki off your hands. HeeHee. Although, I don't see Nicki being upset in the least, she's a good nature dog and should get along with him quite nicely....a playmate!!

Carol ReMarks said...

What kind of cat? Indoors, outdoors? How old is the cat?

Michele Lee said...

indoor, tabby, 1 1/2 yr old, "Sofia", declawed, fixed, all shots, good with people/ not mean. but shy and likes one on one...you can come see her

Its Always Rainin In My Head... said...

How about Darth? lol...or Cahrumpus? or maybe Bosco? hmm...I know! Dos ("dose"), seeing as he is the #2 puppy in the house :)

congrats on your new addition! Just remember he's a puppy, so until he quits teething, keep anything important to you out of reach ;)

Carol ReMarks said...

Well, if it was only my decision I'd take her in a second. She's a cutie, I received your pictures. But I am not alone in the decision making anymore. You'll have to "sell" her to The Gent.