Friday, July 4, 2008

Dedication of the Epps "Flyboy" painting




Last night my husband and I were invited by our sweet friend Rhonda, to attend the Epps family dinner. The painting that Rhonda had commissioned me to do a while back, entitled "Flyboy"was dedicated to George and his brothers and sisters. They have played a huge part in the history of this country within the airplane industry. I was amazed to hear the path that this family has taken in order to achieve so many great things. It really helped me to see what family is all about. I am so very happy for them, and so blessed to have been a part of the 43rd annual event. It was a beautiful evening and I really think that they were pleased with the painting.
Thank you Rhonda for asking me to be a part of the Epps history. I am blessed to have a friend like you. And thank you to George and Dot Epps for welcoming Greg and I into your family last night with such open arms.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Don said...

I love the painting you did for the Epps family and I’m glad they had you and Greg as guests. I was a not-so-famous “flyboy” during my military career.

Now that you have painted the egg, perhaps you should paint the chicken because everyone always asks which came first. :-)

BTW, while I have your attention, I hope you weren’t at the airport for the show last weekend when that horrible accident happened killing a young boy and injuring several others.

Anonymous said...

I see you are working. I hoper to get back to it soon. Thanks for leaving a note on my blog. That was sweet. Congrats on the painting. I'll be back!

Michele Lee said...

Hmmmm,,,a chicken,,,,not a bad thought. But it will definately have to be abstract. And of course the answer to which came first IS the chicken! ;)

No, thankfully we were not at the air show that day. The airport is about 1 mile from us and we did not have any of the wind gusts that they did. Strange. We are saddened for the family and keeping them in our prayers.