Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Black Glove Diary I

SOLD

I was asked one day, "do you ever paint things that come from inside of you?". I got to thinking about that. The answer would be yes. Sometimes I find places or things in me that I just have to paint in order to let go of. And then some are just aching to get out. I get so frustrated and I start scribbling until whatever it is comes out. This was one of those times. I think I am going to title her Black Glove Diary I. She will be the first in a series. It felt good finding her and letting her out on the canvas. I enjoyed painting her and not worrying about the lines and shapes. She is messy and shy and not perfect....and that's ok:)
Enjoy!
Black Glove Diary I SOLD
Acrylic on canvas
By Michele Lee Copyright 2008

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are very talented. I can type that 100 times. I love your art, lady!

ArtistUnplugged said...

Very nice Michelle. Hope you are feeling well these days.

Michele Lee said...

Thanks girls.:)

Carol ReMarks said...

Oooooh very nice! I like this one a lot and can't wait to see the rest of the series. Very brilliant and creative. Me likes a lot!!! And gives me ideas for MY writing too! You inspire me.

Michele Lee said...

I can't wait to see what you writ about her. You have a wonderful gift there....I am sure your first novel will be a hit!
I am glad I could inspire you:)
XXOO

Anonymous said...

I'm an artist also but can't paint because I'm addicted to alcohol, have to have it every day. Please pray for me.

Michele Lee said...

Anonymous, I will send a prayer out there for you. I know how it feels to have to have a drink, or for me a case and a pint, a day. And know that there are tons of people just like you. You are not alone. Although it feels that way right now. You are more than welcome to e-mail me if you want a little peace or you just need to talk. Michele4uk@knology.net
I will pray for you every day, and you will forever be in my thoughts. I love that you even left this comment....It's the first step to finding your way. And it has helped me today more than you will ever know.
Thank you so much.
Love,
Michele

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry

Carol ReMarks said...

What size is this painting? I am interested in buying it and perhaps all of your other ones in this series.