Tuesday, August 19, 2008

SOLD


Well, another painting has been sold. This one comes with such a sweet story. A lady named Jan, who is from West Hollywood, Ca, emailed me the other day. Her family had bought a house on Green Turtle Cay in the Bahamas. She saw the painting and wanted to buy it for the new home. Of course I said yes:) So today, I shipped the painting out to her. This is the first painting that I have had to actually ship to someone. Usually the store where the painting is located will do that for me. So I grabbed my friend, who we will refer to as Ethel....because I am Lucy..ha, and off we went. Now I don't know about you all....but I like to have fun where ever I go. THIS WAS A BLAST! The man working behind the counter was so cute and played right along with our little jokes. And one man in line was giving tips on sending packages and actually wanted the painting. Ahhhh the little moments in life that make you stop in your tracks and say thank you. That is what it is all about.
So thank you Jan for buying the painting. I hope that you and your family will treasure it in your new home-away-from-home. But more important...THANK YOU for giving me the opportunity to have a joyous moment and a LOT of laughter at the post office with my best friend.
Enjoy!
"Quietly Bobbing" by Michele Lee
9 x 12 watercolor
Copyright 2008

No comments: