Sunday, October 12, 2008

I miss the flowers


Fall is here and my back yard is beginning to be full of leaves. So here is a painting for those of you, like me, who miss all of the beautiful flowers of spring. I know that they will be back next year....but I just can't let go...I miss the flowers.
Years ago I worked at a florist in Columbus, Georgia. I remember when we used to get all the new shipments of flowers in and how they smelled. The back of our florist was connected to a floral warehouse that was full of white containers with every flower imaginable in them. I would go back there some days and just sit in the middle of them. So low to the ground that I could not see anything but petals. I loved the feeling of being in a pool of flowers. It was so serene.


Enjoy!


Spring
5X7 acrylic with knife on board
by Michele Lee copyright 2008

1 comment:

Angela said...

I absolutely just love these flowers, and the knife work is just spectacular!