Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dreams


My dreams are filled with joy and sorrow, fear and flying, anger and love, friends and people I don't know, achievement and loss, and all sorts of weird and strange places. But most of all they are filled with pictures. Pictures that get stuck sometimes for days after. Pictures I can only get out through art. I have a sketch book that I carry in my purse for just such an occasion. I might be waiting in the car line, waiting on a client or in a meeting and need to either let them go or just do something with my hands. Here is what I find with art....I always feel the urge to do something with my hands. Sometimes I even get the urge to play with a new texture and not use any brushes. My soul just needs to feel the color and texture of whatever it is. You know like when you go through a clothing or fabric store and you feel the need to hold your hand out just a little further than your hip and run along the fabric? That is the feeling I get from sketching. There is a little sound of "ahhhhhh" in me. I was thinking the other day....I know, dangerous huh? But never the less I was thinking, I always wait until a painting is started or completed before I post. But I don't ever share my sketch book with anyone. So here is one that came out the other day. This one is more of a need to scribble and has no real meaning. Some do, and I will share those too. But for today.......

Enjoy!

No comments: