Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Poet









I was at the Lowe Mill yesterday. Standing in line to get some hot chocolate, I noticed this beautiful woman. Her skin was glowing and her head wrap and jewelry just popped under the yummy cloudiness of the day. I knew right then that I had to paint her. So I asked if I could take her photo and paint her. She accepted graciously, and introduced herself. The is a poet...and I thought"how perfect".
So here is the beginning of "The Poet". It is nice to be painting again. The fun part is that we never know what will inspire us....but when it does.....it is a flood of color and emotion! The Poet has also helped to get me going on a large commission piece for another very spiritual woman. So I have them both on canvases, music going, and am painting from one to another in a cocoon of art today!
Thank you God for giving me the inspiration today...
I love you,
M

4 comments:

Angela said...

I love how you do the underpainting. You are getting bolder with portraits. We've both traveled far in the last two years! I can't wait to see the finished painting. She already posseses an air of dignity that you captured just perfectly. Will you finish her today?

Don said...

Is her poetry to be found anywhere on the internet in English?

Michele Lee said...

Ang- Thank you so much. Yes, she is now done :)
Don- She does speak English but I am not sure if her poetry is on the web anywhere. I have sent her an e-mail :)

Anonymous said...

Love me some good poetry!!
...so SEND the email already so we can become fans! ;)
It is a very expressionful piece! And I'm glad you're able to paint again!