Monday, January 18, 2010

Jo's Poem-Thank you

Here is a poem that was sent to me the other day from the girl who bought this painting. She enjoyed the painting and wanted to say thanks.
I was so touched that she would share her poetry with me...that I thought you all might like to read.
(yes I did ask her permission :)
Thank you Jo :)


Semi-colons
not periods,
will mark my journey's end,
for each ending
brings new
beginnings;
my life will be full of more !!!!
and less .....
?'s may linger
but I will be more accepting
of the answers;
I will find antonyms
for any emotions
clouding the sky
which I daydream under;
I will fill my coffee mug
with synonyms
for love and happiness
and offer that cup
willingly and fearlessly
to quench others' thirsts;
I will eat my words
if I must,
but only with catsup or mustard;
I will look for more ways
to be a rebel with a cause
rather than a rebel
without one;
I will take pride
in marching to the beat
of my own drum
and will create new moves
out of any missteps;
I will pay more attention
to the voice in my gut
rather than to the hopes
in my head

Thanks again.
Love,
Jo

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely poetry, thanks