Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Quarry


The Quarry
By Michele Lee
Acrylic on Canvas
Copyright 2010
I was having fun tonight with the knife and some earthy colors. It reminds me of a memory I have from my teens. A big group of us used to go swimming in a quarry just outside of town. The day would be sweltering hot and the sight of that cool aqua green water would almost make your body cool, just by looking at it. The day was spent swimming and floating in that cool water surrounded by rock. Almost like a dream now, I can still see it. A small piece of heaven on earth, so secluded it was....magical.
Here is a painting that doesn't quite capture everything about those days.....but it tries. It is nice to have those memories now. I may not be able to run and jump into that cool water anymore....but at least I still see it.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

ArtistUnplugged said...

LOVE IT!!!! Hope you and yours are very well!

Don said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.