Friday, January 8, 2010

Large Commission Piece





I am working on a commission for a client at work. It will be on a 4ft x 6ft canvas...yikes! I am having so much fun doing up samples. This whole "playing in the colors thing" is wonderful. I am using some of our faux finishing products. It is letting me add a more metallic glow to the piece.
But it sure is hard to take a picture of because of the reflectivity.
Here are some pictures of the mock ups. I think I might do a series in these called Raku. My husband makes raku and some of his pots and vases remind me of this effect.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Sometimes aimlessly surfing the web can really pay off! So glad I happened upon your work. Really enjoyed looking at these pieces. Love the color combos!

Michele Lee said...

Thank you Kathy. Enjoy your surfing...there are so many talented artists out there. You might want to look at the list I have found :) Located on the right of my blog. Have fun and come back again, Michele