Sunday, January 3, 2010

What do you see?


Well...I think I'm done with the Koi. The finished result has different metallics, silver mica powder and blues buried in a very thick coat of of clear glaze. Hope you all have enjoyed the ride.
The fish are starting to become more refined
Thanks to everyone here and on Facebook for your visions....It has been fun to see what you see...in the end,I think I see fish beginning to appear!
Pouring above has been flooded with clear acrylic gloss gel and the woven with a large trowel

I did a very large pouring this morning. A pouring is a technique I learned a while back from a wonderful artist named Anne Hamilton. She runs an art retreat near Mentone, AL. You can visit her website here: http://www.artforartlovers.net/ And if you have never gone to an art retreat before...I suggest doing it at least once in your life! I spent a week there doing nothing at all but painting, reading, sitting, eating and just being! It changed my life!
So a pouring is just that. Laying your canvas down on a flat surface, you mix colors (thick or thin) and actually pour them onto the canvas. Let them flow and move where they will. You can help them along by tilting the canvas. After the colors are in place and dry...you begin to romance the canvas. (like we talked about in one of the last posts) Put it in a very visible spot, turn it to different angles and see what vision comes out of the pouring. It will suprise you what comes out of your imagination. And it is so nice to use your imagination...something we tend to loose as we get older.
Have fun with it!
I am curious to know...what do you see in this pouring?

9 comments:

Angela said...

It looks to me like you're coming to the surface of the water looking up at the sky. There are flowers floating also on the top of the water. This is a very cool pouring.

Unknown said...

I see the bottom as the sea on a moonlit night with waves crashing to the shorline as those little phosphorous bugs dance around. The top is the circus. Or maybe then it is the ego and the id dancing together at the circus on a moonlit night at the sea. Trippy

Michele Lee said...

THAT'S IT GIRLS! Love those imaginations! It is always beautiful seeing through someone elses eyes!
Deb-Trippy yes...but I like trippy!
Ang-never thought of being under the water:)

Don said...

The second one without the toweling effect looks like a photo of outer space made from the Hubble space telescope.

Don said...

OOPS, TYPO CORRECTION: I meant “troweling effect”.

Michele Lee said...

Hey Don...it could have been toweling as well :) HeHe It seems a lot of men see outer space. Fun!

ArtistUnplugged said...

I see fish swirling around in the water too.

Don said...

As your painting evolves I see things differently as I suppose I should. As it appears now what I think I see in the center of it makes me think I should get my mind out of the gutter.

Angela said...

Michele, They're gorgeous! I just love the fish! Great motion too.