Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Art of Nursing!

My mom is a nurse back home in Owensboro, Kentucky. I tell you this because she is not JUST a nurse...but she, over the years, has also helped countless other nurses learn the "ART" of nursing. And let me tell you..it IS an art. Juggling the schedule and family. The details that must be kept at the front of your mind at all times. And the sheer grace that nurses carry when handling a crisis. THAT is the ART of nursing.
So flash forward til this morning and why I am writing this to you all. My sweet mother sent me a link that she wanted me to see. It is of one of her nurse friends and three of the doctors in her hospital. They have gone on a mission trip to Haiti. It was set up to provide relief....but has truly turned into a mission for them. Just one more aspect of this incredible occupation!
Click on link below to see
So I thought it was worth posting about. It is not an art form that is made from canvas and paint. But it IS an form of art. More than that...it is about giving back and paying it forward. And I just love that kind of thing :)
Thanks Mom.....I love you!
M

No comments: