Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Trip to Atlanta

This past weekend my husband and I (without children) took a trip to Atlanta! My hubby was attending a photography workshop, so I decided to tag along. Here are a few of the places we found while we were there! First stop after checking in was Utrecht's Art Supply. www.utrechtart.com
It was a quaint little store in downtown Atl. Traffic was awful on a Friday night....duh! So we got there with 20min to spare before they closed. Can we say POWER SHOPPING anyone?

Now....here is where I found the mother load of art supplies!!! Binders www.bindersart.com
I walked into this store and almost started to cry. It is so packed and so well organized (2 of my favorite things) that I didn't know where to start first!
So I started on the Brush isle! Yes you heard me right...there is a whole isle dedicated to brushes!!!!! After about 3 hours I had to force myself to leave. But boy oh boy did I come home with lots of goodies.....and a new connection for art supplies!
On our last night we decided to go out to eat somewhere different. When I saw the add for this restaurant...I knew my hubby would be in heaven. Smoked meats and Jazz? I mean, what more could he want?!
The ad did not do this place justice. We were lucky enough to be set close to the Jazz singer for the evening. Man oh Man was he good! So, a plate full of different smoked meat for our bellies and smooth sensual jazz for our souls and we were in heaven!
All in all the trip to Atlanta was a VERY nice getaway! It was great finding the art stores....but better than that....it was even better to get to be with my husband for a bit without any worries. I think we need to do this more often!

No comments: