Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Birch Fall



I was asked the other day, "What inspires you to paint?". So I gt to thinking....I know....frightening thought. As I was sitting down to paint last night, I thought that the answer to that question was life. Usually it is happy moments in life. I thought I would share with you all one of those times. So here we go...


I have a cousin named Becky. She lives in Michigan. She and her family have a get-a-way farm/ranch out in the middle of no-where.(about 700 acres or so) They have 3 small houses on the ranch One is Becky's private home, one is for the guys to come hunting (it is decorated like a log cabin), and the third is for visiting family (it is decorated like grandma's house) this is the one that we stayed in. LOVED IT! We took the boys and went for a week last year during fall break. Between hiking, riding 4 wheelers, playing with the alpacas and of course me chasing some pigs, we were in heaven. There is no computers and video games. There is just nature. There were so many colors that it was a bit overwhelming. And there were birch trees everywhere! I don't think that I have ever seen that many in one place before. All the colors of fall with these striking white trees popping up everywhere. It was the perfect weather and one of those moments in time that make you stand breathless at the sight of it all. Hopefully we will be able to go back again....and I can take my paint with me.

Thank you Becky for letting us enjoy your Get-a-Way place and escape for a week. You ave given this family more than you will ever know.

These were the thoughts and memories that I was having while painting "A Birch Fall".

Enjoy!
























5 comments:

ArtistUnplugged said...

Love this painting! I like to envision scenes from a different angle...so this one does it for me. Sounds like an awesome place. Hope your back is better, if I'm not being too nosey, what does dr. tell you the problem is?

Angela said...

Cool painting Michele! Love the falling leaves. You captured the instant of fall glory when the wind blows and the leaves rustle.

Michele Lee said...

Thanks girls. Don't worry A.U. You are not being too nosey. I am pretty much an open book :)
1 disc bulging, 1 dic ruptured, and a little osteo-arthritis in lower back and hips....could be from trying to pick up pigs at Becky's LOL But meds are working well :)
Thanks for your concern.

Anonymous said...

First of all, Michele -- LOVE the painting! Excellent. You really have an eye -- I envy your talent and gift.

Secondly, I was going to ask you "what are you doing to that pig??" -- but it appears you were actually trying to pick it up! (I take it you don't have hogs around your neighborhood! ;-) )

Lastly, amen to the meds -- I too have a ruptured and a bulging disc and I can swear by the Vicodin!! The difference is like night and day...

Good luck with your back (and the painting) and tell Mrs. Craig I said Welcome Home.

Michele Lee said...

Thanks PJ
ooooweee, non of the hard stuff for this little recovery girl,
I'll tell CA you said welcome home:) We are all glad she is back!