Monday, November 10, 2008

Thanks Deb


I have some of the best friends anyone could hope for. Today I had the pleasure of my friend Deb http://pandabeads.blogspot.com/ coming over and cleaning my house. Let me just say this...WOW! What a treat that was. If you have not had your house cleaned before.....do it. At least once. But make sure you get someone good. Anyway, back to the story. So I got to leave the house for a bit this morning! That was a treat in itself. (Since I have been down with this silly back thing for 8 days now.) When I returned home and opened the door I was greeted with the clean scent of pine cleaner. But wait...there was a hint of chocolate. What? I looked around the kitchen and there it was. A big plate of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies she had made for us! At that moment I was transported back to being a little girl, coming home from school. Then I heard the sound of small giggles coming from upstairs. I looked up the staircase to find my friend Deb. She wore a pink scarf around her head with little rhinestones on it. A tee shirt,a pair of purple Indian pants with a small blue patch on the bottom and bare feet completed the look. She had her headphones on and was giddy with joy from what she was listening to and what she was doing. What a sight. Now THAT my friends is something I just had to paint.


Instead of being so tight with my paintbrush, like I often do, I decided to just paint. Without thinking about how or what.....just paint. I haven't done that in a while. And it really felt good.


So here is Deb. The hippie cleaning girl who gave me a treat today.


Thanks Deb.




Enjoy!




1 comment:

ArtistUnplugged said...

O.K., so I read the first post and left a comment before reading the second - glad that you are back on your feet. Don't overdo it! What a wonderful friend! Many years ago when my back was bad, one of my friends actually put my Christmas tree up for me. I was overwhelmed with gratefulness. I envy your passion to paint.