Friday, November 21, 2008

A New Day!


I awake every morning with a cup of coffee and quiet meditation on my back deck. It is my time to reflect on the day that has passed. I ask God, Where was I wrong and where did I hurt someone? What can I do to different next time? Then I reflect on the day ahead. I ask God, what do you have for me today? What can I do to better serve?

I learned, over the past few weeks, that I need to slow down. I need to really appreciate all that God has given me. And I need to take care of this body. I saw how much I had missed my painting.

I went to the Doctor yesterday and was given a good report. With some physical therapy and an injection, my back will be fine. I am so thankful.

Today feels like a brand new day. Like this picture. It was taken early in my recovery. Everything was new and fresh. It was the first time, in a long time, that I had gone to the beach and REALLY seen it.

So look around...it' a brand new day.....take it ALL in.....it is the first and last time you will ever see November 21,2008.....what do you want to do with it?

Enjoy!

3 comments:

ArtistUnplugged said...

Great post Michelle. Glad to hear that your back is going to be ok. My husband is dealing with a bad flare up now and mine is always teetering on catastrophe. Enjoy each day, make the most of it and do what you can to make someone else's day better.

Carol ReMarks said...

:-)

Michele Lee said...

Amen sisters :)