Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving




Well another Thanksgiving has come around. I am always amazed at how my kitchen is so suddenly transformed into a food frenzy. This year my youngest son has taken an interest in preparing the feast. As I watched him grab a recipe and amazingly create a casserole, I am driven to tears of gratitude. This coming from the little boy who almost didn't make it. He was my preemie. He arrived about 7 weeks early and was so tiny I could hold him in one hand. After many long nights in the neonatal intensive care unit and years of breathing treatments and sleepless nights, I am watching in delight at what God has given me. A young man standing in my kitchen preparing a Thanksgiving Feast for his family!


And as we sit down to eat I will look around the table....and I will know that there is no greater gift that God could have given me...than to be in the company of those I love.....my family.




I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving.


Enjoy!


1 comment:

Carol ReMarks said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.