Saturday, November 8, 2008

Painting from bed


I have been in bed for the past week with a bad back. I haven't had my back go out like this since I was 18 or so. It amazes me that I can hall paint cans and ladders, juggle work and kids, clean the house and do loads upon loads of laundry and my back is fine. But put me in some high heels and take me to a wedding and WHAAMO! So needless to say I am bored out of my mind. My sweet husband got up this morning and moved a large chunk of my art supplies, from my studio, into the dining room so that I could paint. YEA! It has been 6 days since I could move. So this was really a treat. Thanks sweetie.

I decided, since I could physically only go to the dining room, I would go on vacation with paint. (Plus I have a cork and canvas class coming up and need a painting.) Hopefully I will be out of bed in time to teach the class.
So here it is.
Enjoy!

Italy
By Michele Lee
16 X 20 acrylic on canvas
copyright 2008

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's lovely! You should ask Carol and Cary to verify it's accuracy ;)

Sorry you're still down for the count :( I will send the president of the Feel Better committee from the club by with something to cheer you up - DVD? games? You name it!
LOVE!

Angela said...

I had no idea you were down from pain! I will send some healing prayers and vibes your way. Don't push it! Rest as much as you can.

ArtistUnplugged said...

Just said a prayer for you and will continue. You have my sympathy, I have a terrible back. Lovely, lovely painting. Love the colors and style - work that brush with that back!!!