Friday, April 17, 2009

Day 5 @ Retreat




Sorry that I forgot to post!! You know after so many days submerged in art one begins to be lost. I can feel myself becoming quiet and content and at peace with the rhythm of the painting. I think that it takes about 2-3 days to REALLY unwind to the pace of an art retreat. So if you decide to come here give yourself the time to settle in and slow down.


Yesterday we painted and painted and painted. Ann taught a class in pastels and then it was off to lunch. We went to a little cozy place at Desoto State Park. YUM!!! Driving back we stopped at a place called Miracle Pottery.http://www.miraclepottery.com/ WOW what a story this girl has.


God seems to be everywhere every minute here! I am so full that I feel as if I am going to pop!


Here are a couple of paintings that I played around with yesterday. I forgot to take pics of them all so here are 2. They still need a lot of work to do ...but hey its fun. Music seems to have such an effect on my paintings....the small landscape is classical music...the lips are Amy Winehouse (don't know if that is spelled right)


Gotta go for now....Painting time has begun!!!!


Enjoy!

No comments: