Saturday, April 25, 2009

"What will be will be"


I attended an art retreat last week and learned so much. One of the techniques was how to make your paintings become something naturally. Not to plan out a scene so much or to copy something from a picture. But to start painting freely and see what will be. What comes and grows out of the shapes that are created.

I have done a few this week and am enjoying the process. It seems to transport me to a new area or time or place in my mind.

It is a little like life. Don't plan every step. Just do the next "right" thing in front of you in that very moment. And then as the song goes...."What will be will be"

Here is the beginnings of a new one. A little bird seems to be popping out....who knows what it will become.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Angela said...

I love the colors in this one. You must be in a good place.

ArtistUnplugged said...

Very nice! I've seen another artist do the same in watercolor.

ArtistUnplugged said...

I have given you an award on my site...go see!