Sunday, April 19, 2009

Time to say goodbye to the Retreat














































The last day has come and gone. It was so hard saying goodbye to Ann and her beautiful retreat. I learned so much this past week about God, myself and my art. I was blessed to have spent this week with one of my very best friends. We will forever be change by this adventure. Ann, our host, was a truly amazing woman. I found in her a friend for life. She opened her home and her heart to us and I am so thankful. She taught s so many new techniques this week. I have taken classes in the past, but never had time to be alone with what I had learned and be able to play so freely with it.









I am going to miss the morning meditation time on her back porch. The great chats we all would have. Getting into the studio just before sunrise and watching it fall onto my canvas. Cooking together. The evenings when my back and feet hurt so bad but i really really didn't want to stop. The nurturing of Ann as she would sit and talk about the art and God. The most comfortable bed ever! The music. The laughing so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants.









Thank you Ann. You will forever be in my heart.









Here are some pics from the last day.









Enjoy!

2 comments:

Don said...

Michelle, I’m pleased that you have been so blessed and have relayed your blessings to your readers here. :-)

Phyllis Peek said...

(The Phyllis Peek is part of my maiden name...I will change this info when I begin my own blog.)
Michele,
My heart is overflowing with feelings for my new Goddaughters and their paintings. God brought the perfect first guests to the Art for Art Lovers Retreat (Soon to be renamed Women of God Retreat.
After you and Angie left yesterday I sipped tea from the pottery cup you gave me. Holding it was like embracing your spirit filled soul. And I know your spirits will alsways be with me in the studio as well as throughout the house. After meditation and reflection time I went into the studio and did a painting of the roses you gave me. I'm trying to stay away from house work and remain true to my creative nature. Today, I will begin another painting...So many of them are floating in my mind as a result of this week. After I have painted awhile I intend to start my own blog about the retreat, Women of God, and my art and theirs.
Your friend Becky was another delightful guest to have during the week. I also hope to see more of her. Ann Hamilton