Tuesday, March 25, 2008

And the "painting" resumes!!!!!

Sorry I've been gone so long. It has been a very busy week. The children were out for spring break (they are back in school now)!!!!!! Yeah for school! This week I am preparing for the art show on Saturday and my sweet husband is having surgery on Thursday. Poor thing...he will be down for a few days. So, I thought since I had a little time today, I would start a new piece. This one is really big, so it might take a while. It is also an oil...which requires a LOT more drying time. This is scene of an art gallery that was in Fairhope, Al. My husband and I went there about 2 years ago...maybe 3. I think the paint fumes are getting to me:) Anyway, it was a beautiful town and the people were amazing. (lots of art) We were strolling the streets one day and enjoying our coffee and sunshine when we saw this gallery. It reminds me of New Orleans. The inside was even more incredible. Sorry to say I didn't get a picture of that.

So here is the beginning...enjoy!

No comments: