Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wedding Flowers

I have made very few friends since being sober. Back in 2003 when people found out...either they did not want to know me anymore or I did not want to know them. Needless to say, I lived for a while in this world with no "true" friends. I think that God needed me to be alone for a little while to work on me. Boy did he have some work to do! ;) Anyway....I now have what I consider "true" friends. They are just a few...but I love them each very deeply. One of those friends asked me and my friend Leigh http://fencepostings.wordpress.com/ to lunch the other day. We were asked to be "Bridesmaids" (I like that word better than "Matron") in her wedding.!! Better yet...I think I want to be called Bride-chick or maybe Bride-sister or maybe...OH WAIT this is NOT all about me. She said that we get to wear anything we want....I think "Snow Flower" might have to make an appearance. LOL You know... the girl that I "BECAME" for our girl's night book party a while back. OK OK......I'M DONE! BACK TO THE STORY. Along with being a Brides-whatever she wanted me to help with the flowers. So today I did a little flower research. I also found this painting of a "steel magnolia" that I had done in 2006. It was tucked away on a stand in my entertainment center.

Congratulations Carol. http://www.stilettoirreverence.blogspot.com/ I know you and the "Gent" will be happy.

Enjoy!



by Michele Lee copyright 2008 watercolor pencil on canvas board